Located in the Heart of Clearwater, The District provides open air dining and entertainment overlooking the harbor.
The Downtown Clearwater Merchants Association (DCMA) just gave people 84 more good reasons to visit 21 of their merchants with the launch of the District Advantages Web-App program. There are 15 participating restaurants and eateries and seven retail and recreation merchants listed on the Web-App. They are primarily located on Cleveland St. from Osceola St. to Missouri Ave., with one on N. Fort Harrison Ave. and one on S. Garden St.
Subscribers to the program will be entitled to receive 20% off their total bill for 1 to 4 people, four times per year, at each restaurant and merchant.
Additional offers, such as 20% off a party of 1 to 4 people at The Tampa Bay Escape Room, and 50% off a party of 1 to 4 on the Clearwater Ferry are also part of the program. All offers are good to use every 90 days.
Subscribers can join by going to the www.districtadvantages.com website and signing up. For ease of use, subscribers should access the website via their mobile devices and put the District Advantages icon on their home screens. This allows subscribers easy access to all discounts via their mobile devices.
A yearly subscription is $20 a year and in most instances is recouped in one or two uses. People can join the program while visiting participating merchants and can save 20% immediately.
Each merchant has a code that customers can use to save $5 on the purchase price when joining. This would bring the price to $15 for an entire years’ usage.
The District Advantages Program and Web-App is expected to be a significant source of funding for the DCMA with half of the net proceeds from subscription sales going to support the many other programs and events they conduct throughout the year.
“This is truly a win-win-win situation with our member-merchants, their customers, and the DCMA all benefiting from this ground-breaking program,” stated Scott Sousa, co-president of the DCMA and General Manager of Clear Sky restaurant on Cleveland Street in the Downtown Clearwater District.
Participating businesses are as follows:
Restaurant and Eateries
Kara Lynn’s Kitchen
Billy Bricks Pizza
Corralejo Mexican Kitchen
Mr Submarine, Mr Gyros
Retail and Services
Daf and Dream
One Stoppe Shoppe
Oscar Nail Bar
Tampa Bay Escape Room
For additional information contact Scott Sousa, 813-482-4165, email@example.com or Rob Wilde, 813-380-9009 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to load the complimentary District Advantages Web-App on your mobile phone
1) Visit www.districtadvantages.com or scan the QR code
2) Go to the top of the page and press ‘How to add to your Home Screen’ Android… go to three dots on upper right of screen and select prompt ‘Add to home screen.’ For i-Phone, scroll down to bottom of screen, tap box with up arrow and scroll to ‘Add to home screen.’
3) Go to the hyperlink on top right that says Create Account.
4) Register by filling in the required information. Any number of characters can be used for the password.
The discount code for the complimentary web-app is ‘noel.’
5) Press Apply and then Register
Congratulations, you are now a member of The District Advantages Program. Enjoy!
District Advantages Web-App Program is a cooperative venture between
The Downtown Clearwater Merchants Association (DCMA) and Bi-Continent Partners, Inc. Their goals are
- to generate increased identity and traffic to the recently named The District in Clearwater, FL in the downtown area.
- to generate increased traffic, transactions and loyalty to the merchants in The District and increased gratuities to restaurant staffs.
- to provide an additional information channel for the DCMA to promote special activities and events
- to raise funds for the DCMA to assist them in their continuing efforts to promote The District
The District Advantages Web-App and program was originally created by Bi-Continent Partners for use by NATO in Europe, but was put on hold due to Covid. A recommendation from the Clearwater Redevelopment Association; endorsement by Clearwater’s Ed Droste; and introduction to the DCMA’s Scott Sousa and Carolyn Bradham by Mayor Frank Hibbard led to the launch of the Web-App and program.
Information and photos courtesy of Rob Wilde and Sheila Neisler from Catalyst – A Marketing Company